WE TOASTED BREAKFAST CREATIVITY
A PR campaign to launch squeezy Marmite
Marmite wanted to appeal, and become more relevant, to a younger audience.
One of the barriers to entry was how difficult it can be to spread Marmite. New packaging – squeezy jars – was created to address this. Our brief was to launch squeezy Marmite and demonstrate how easy it is to spread on toast.
We challenged the nation to create ‘Marmart’ – using Marmite as the paint and toast as the canvas.
The public uploaded their Marmart to a microsite and we printed and displayed the most voted-for entries at a London, Mayfair art gallery for all to see. We partnered with artist, Dermot Flynn, who created Marmart of loved and hated celebrities, which we then sold for hundreds of pounds on eBay.
Designer Linda Barker also came on board to run toast art workshops for families, driving engagement during half term.
We supported this activity with a product-placement press-office.
The campaign brought ease-of-spreading to life and delivered 9% positive brand awareness as a direct result of PR activity (Milward Brown)
- 118 pieces of coverage with an OTS of over 72 million
- Nine national news hits including a quarter page in Metro and half a page in the Independent Review
- 15 minutes of TV across This Morning, Working Lunch and Have I got News For You?
- 57,000 visits to the Marmart site
- 40,000 online votes cast in the competition