- 25.9k views of the GIF
- 3,333,639 total video reach
- 9.5% campaign engagement rate
- Featured on PR Week and The Drum
- 74 mentions of hashtag #AATAKESPRIDE on Twitter and Instagra
The AA Pride Sponsorship
We were challenged to create a series of assets that can be used across social platforms and on the content hub to support The AA’s Pride in London sponsorship
Pride is a fun event and the people who attend will engage with a light-hearted campaign more so than the usually serious tone of The AA’s campaigns
We set out to create content that:
1) Helped Pride-goers prepare for the parade – because anything can happen
2) Showed people not at Pride, how to get in the spirit of the parade
3) Supported the key brand message of “Whoever you are, we’ll get you there” at Pride
The campaign was based around ‘Pride-ifying’ the traditional road of motoring by creating ‘The Prideway Code’ – putting a twist on the rules of the road for Pride. We created a series of fun GIFs designed to create maximum shareability and bring each of the ‘Prideway Code’ signs to life. These were shared across social channels in the run up to and during the Pride London parade. The GIF’s reimagined well-known road signs to show what they would look like if they were signs at a party.
A hero video asset was made for social media to showcase some of our jazzed up road signs and to explain The Prideway Code to the nation. The video also told the story behind The AA’s sponsorship of Pride.
The first-ever GIPHY channel was set up for The AA to create a hub for all of the Prideway Code signs, enabling Pride-goers across the UK to discover The AA Prideway Code.
We designed artwork files to transform these into signs and badges that were used on the float at the Pride parade.
The final step was to develop a press release to share with media to help spread the word about The Prideway Code.